- Rell's Budget Spares Towns And Cities
As Gov. Jodi Rell put forth her plan to close the state’s $500 million budget hole Wednesday, some of the state’s mayors and municipalities breathed sighs of relief. WNPR’s Jeff Cohen reports.
Rell told state legislators Wednesday that the state of the state is challenged, but hopeful. But after last year’s brutal legislative session, Rell sounded sour on the state of the state’s politics. “
We need to stop the game playing and name calling and constant bickering that has come to consume too many at the capitol. There is no room for such pettiness on the playground.
- Blumenthal: Bysiewicz Eligibility Question Must Be Resolved By Judge
- Wyman: Deficit Grows To $515 Million
- Trinity Professor Leslie Desmangles Describes Horror in Haiti
- Hartford: Choosing A Town Committee, Choosing A Mayor
- State Decides Not To Prosecute Businessman Arrested in Perez Probe
- Can Regionalism Save Money?
- Prison Guards Speak of Assaults
- Our New Blog!
- New Haven Residents File Lawsuit Against ICE
- WATCH ONLINE Silver Linings in a Dark Economy
Silver Linings in a Dark Economy
A Live Town Hall Meeting
Premieres Tuesday, 5/18 at 8:00 p.m.
- TONY BENNETT An American Classic
- The Marines
- SECRETS OF THE DEAD Japanese SuperSub
- Mark Twain, a film by Ken Burns
- When Families Grieve
- The Buddha
- TAVIS SMILEY REPORTS MLK: A Call to Conscience
- MASTERPIECE CLASSIC Small Island