- Rell's Budget Spares Towns And Cities
As Gov. Jodi Rell put forth her plan to close the state’s $500 million budget hole Wednesday, some of the state’s mayors and municipalities breathed sighs of relief. WNPR’s Jeff Cohen reports.
Rell told state legislators Wednesday that the state of the state is challenged, but hopeful. But after last year’s brutal legislative session, Rell sounded sour on the state of the state’s politics. “
We need to stop the game playing and name calling and constant bickering that has come to consume too many at the capitol. There is no room for such pettiness on the playground.
- Blumenthal: Bysiewicz Eligibility Question Must Be Resolved By Judge
- Wyman: Deficit Grows To $515 Million
- Trinity Professor Leslie Desmangles Describes Horror in Haiti
- Hartford: Choosing A Town Committee, Choosing A Mayor
- State Decides Not To Prosecute Businessman Arrested in Perez Probe
- Can Regionalism Save Money?
- Prison Guards Speak of Assaults
- Our New Blog!
- New Haven Residents File Lawsuit Against ICE
- Hartford Circus Fire
CPTV Original Documentary examines the tragedy & seeks to solve the many mysteries it triggered
Tuesday, July 05, 2011 — 09:00pm (Check Listings)
On July 6, 1944, The Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Circus Big Top caught fire during an afternoon performance in Hartford, Connecticut, leaving over 160 people dead and hundreds more wounded. The devastating event became one of the deadliest fire disasters in the history of the United States.
- THE ROLLER DERBY CHRONICLES: ROLLING THUNDER
- ANDREW JACKSON: GOOD, EVIL & THE PRESIDENCY
- A CAPITOL FOURTH 2010
- Victor Borge: 100 Years of Music & Laughter
- Mt. Monadnock
- History Detectives Season 8
- Crusaders and Criminals
- CPBN Media Lab's Future Producers Academy
- Connecticut During World War II