- Rell's Budget Spares Towns And Cities
As Gov. Jodi Rell put forth her plan to close the state’s $500 million budget hole Wednesday, some of the state’s mayors and municipalities breathed sighs of relief. WNPR’s Jeff Cohen reports.
Rell told state legislators Wednesday that the state of the state is challenged, but hopeful. But after last year’s brutal legislative session, Rell sounded sour on the state of the state’s politics. “
We need to stop the game playing and name calling and constant bickering that has come to consume too many at the capitol. There is no room for such pettiness on the playground.
- Blumenthal: Bysiewicz Eligibility Question Must Be Resolved By Judge
- Wyman: Deficit Grows To $515 Million
- Trinity Professor Leslie Desmangles Describes Horror in Haiti
- Hartford: Choosing A Town Committee, Choosing A Mayor
- State Decides Not To Prosecute Businessman Arrested in Perez Probe
- Can Regionalism Save Money?
- Prison Guards Speak of Assaults
- Our New Blog!
- New Haven Residents File Lawsuit Against ICE
- Mark Twain
Episode 1: In the first episode, Burns takes viewers on a journey through Sam Clemens' early days along the Mississippi River, to the small river town of Hannibal, Missouri. Clemens grows up, stumbling from adventure to adventure until he begins to evolve into Mark Twain, the humorist and writer who would revolutionize the way Americans viewed themselves and their language.
- Time Scanners
- King George and Queen Mary
- 2014 National Memorial Day Concert
- Coming Back With Wes Moore
- The Charles W. Morgan
- Billy Joel: A Matter of Trust - The Bridge to Russia - The Concert
- Story of the Jews
- Super Skyscrapers