- Rell's Budget Spares Towns And Cities
As Gov. Jodi Rell put forth her plan to close the state’s $500 million budget hole Wednesday, some of the state’s mayors and municipalities breathed sighs of relief. WNPR’s Jeff Cohen reports.
Rell told state legislators Wednesday that the state of the state is challenged, but hopeful. But after last year’s brutal legislative session, Rell sounded sour on the state of the state’s politics. “
We need to stop the game playing and name calling and constant bickering that has come to consume too many at the capitol. There is no room for such pettiness on the playground.
- Blumenthal: Bysiewicz Eligibility Question Must Be Resolved By Judge
- Wyman: Deficit Grows To $515 Million
- Trinity Professor Leslie Desmangles Describes Horror in Haiti
- Hartford: Choosing A Town Committee, Choosing A Mayor
- State Decides Not To Prosecute Businessman Arrested in Perez Probe
- Can Regionalism Save Money?
- Prison Guards Speak of Assaults
- Our New Blog!
- New Haven Residents File Lawsuit Against ICE
- NOVA: Decoding Neanderthals
- Thatcher: A Memoir
- ANTIQUES ROADSHOW: Seattle (Hour 1)
- JOE BONAMASSA: AN ACOUSTIC EVENING AT THE VIENNA OPERA HOUSE
- ANTIQUES ROADSHOW: Spokane Hour 3
- NOVA: Australia's First 4 Billion Years: Monsters
- FRONTLINE: SYRIA BEHIND THE LINES
- AMERICAN MASTERS: Carol Burnett: A Woman of Character
- ANTIQUES ROADSHOW: Cincinnati (Hour 2)
- Scott & Bailey
SCOTT & BAILEY
Detective Constable Rachel Bailey is 30, down-to-earth, noisy, argumentative and single. She's a hardworking, committed detective. She had been in a relationship with a barrister, Nick, until he left her for the wife she didn't know he had. Meanwhile Detective Constable Janet Scott is 40, a diplomat and a thinker, as well as being a wife and mother to two teenage girls. She had very strong reasons for wanting to be a detective - her friend was murdered when they were children and the crime has never been solved.
- Journey of Man
- Ella Grasso
- Welcome to My Restaurant
- Shakespeare Uncovered
- Captain Supertooth
- Newman's Own Foundation
- GREAT PERFORMANCES: Paul Simon’s Graceland Journey
- MASTERPIECE: CONTEMPORARY "Page Eight"