- Third man pleads guilty in steroid investigation
A third man arrested as part of a Connecticut-led investigation into the illegal sale of steroids over the internet, pleaded guilty yesterday. Heâ€™s charged with distributing steroids through the social networking site, MySpace.com. WNPRâ€™s Diane Orson reports.
36-year old Matthew Peltz of Chandler, Arizona pleaded guilty to purchasing raw steroid powder from China, manufacturing steroids at home and selling them around the country through a MySpace.com profile..and an online website. Peltz is one of four men charged this week with selling steroids through MySpace.
- Husky B program receives increased funding
- Catholic Bishops approve Plan B
- Coast Guard academy responds to racism
- Cruise ships to dock in New London
- Anti-war protestors march in nation's capital
- Lieberman supports attorney general candidate
- Massachusetts considers casinos
- UCONN receives energy grants
- Dodd urges review of Dubai stock purchase
- Online bookkeeping; Marion Wright Adelman; Joseph Epstein's "Fred Astaire"
- Exploring the group "True Colors"; Jim Sciutto's new book "Against Us"
- The Food Schmooze: Small plate party food; And Gourmet Magazine columnist Jane Stern
- GREAT PERFORMANCES: The Great American Songbook
- Robots with human emotions? Also science writer Chip Walter
- Stem cell research; Family Ties creator Gary Goldberg
- Winter 2008
- The Final Act
- NATURE: Unforgettable Elephants
- The Best of the Faith Middleton Show: Michael Gates Gill; Scrapbooking
- Nature's Power Revealed
NATURE'S POWER REVEALED
POWER OF FIRE - 8:30PM
This episode follows the astonishing destructive force of volcanoes and how they have shaped the landscape. It examines volcanoes both recent and in the past, including Mt. Vesuvius in Pompeii, and its effect on life at the time. Nature gives no true warning of when a volcano will erupt, and this makes its power all the more terrifying and devastating. Only about 9.5% of the earth is solid, including the iron core.
- Congratulations to the Winner of CPTV and Langan Volkswagen Group's 2012 VW Beetle Give-Away!
- Helping Yourself
- National Geographic
- Ask This Old House
- Hetty Wainthropp
- Slavery By Another Name
- Lonesome George and the Battle for Galapagos
- Underground Railroad: The William Still Story
- INSIDE NATURE'S GIANTS Program Page