- Old Trees Tell Story of Hartford
If you think the best place to see old trees is a forest, think again. Some of the state's most notable trees are found in Hartford. And as WNPR's Nancy Cohen reports, there are some notable people associated with them.
Listen to an excerpt from a speech made by Atwood Collins III, a member of the Collins family who lived on what is now the grounds of St Francis Hospital. He addressed people at the hospital at the 50th anniversary of the opening of the Gengras Ambulatory Care Center.
- Inventor Soars With Experimental Blimp
- Attorney general sues insurance company
- Coast Guard Academy increases diversity programs after racial incidents
- Governor Rell to veto state bonding package
- British terrorist suspect faces extradition to US
- Connecticut launches student program for declining lobster stocks
- Governor Rell issues drought advisory
- Commandment of the Coast Guard speaks out against racist acts
- DeLauro plans safety food legislation
- WHEN WORLDS COLLIDE
WHEN WORLDS COLLIDE
Host Ruben Martinez travels to Spain & Latin America, where contact first occurred between Spanish conquistadors & native peoples
Aired Monday 9/27/2010 at 9:00 p.m.
- LAFAYETTE: THE LOST HERO
- THROUGH A DOG'S EYES
- SHERLOCK HOLMES
- Austin City Limits
- GOD IN AMERICA
- DIAHANN CARROLL: THE LADY, THE MUSIC, THE LEGEND
- THE PRETENDERS: LIVE IN LONDON