- Anger over the "bailout"
Anyone listening to tonight's repeat of our show with Bill Curry might feel a little behind. Only hours after we got off the air, the House voted down the big economic bailout plan we spent all morning talking about. Everyone in the Connecticut delegation voted for the package - save for 2nd District Congressman Joe Courtney, who turned it down. Maybe he was getting letters from his constituents like this comment we got from listener Paul Nizick after the show:
"Please, stop saying that the people "do not understand" this bailout.
- Debut of "Where We Blog"
- Manpower Report Paints Grim Hiring Picture for Parts of Connecticut
- State Utilities Suspend Energy Efficiency Rebates
- Connecticut Primaries 2008
- Invasive Beetle Found in Massachusetts
- Union Protests Separation of New Casino
- Cedar Hill Shadows Come to Life
- A Tearless Farewell
- WATCH ONLINE Silver Linings in a Dark Economy
Silver Linings in a Dark Economy
A Live Town Hall Meeting
Premieres Tuesday, 5/18 at 8:00 p.m.
- TONY BENNETT An American Classic
- The Marines
- SECRETS OF THE DEAD Japanese SuperSub
- Mark Twain, a film by Ken Burns
- When Families Grieve
- The Buddha
- TAVIS SMILEY REPORTS MLK: A Call to Conscience
- MASTERPIECE CLASSIC Small Island