- Anger over the "bailout"
Anyone listening to tonight's repeat of our show with Bill Curry might feel a little behind. Only hours after we got off the air, the House voted down the big economic bailout plan we spent all morning talking about. Everyone in the Connecticut delegation voted for the package - save for 2nd District Congressman Joe Courtney, who turned it down. Maybe he was getting letters from his constituents like this comment we got from listener Paul Nizick after the show:
"Please, stop saying that the people "do not understand" this bailout.
- Debut of "Where We Blog"
- Manpower Report Paints Grim Hiring Picture for Parts of Connecticut
- State Utilities Suspend Energy Efficiency Rebates
- Connecticut Primaries 2008
- Invasive Beetle Found in Massachusetts
- Union Protests Separation of New Casino
- Cedar Hill Shadows Come to Life
- A Tearless Farewell
- End of Session 2008 Wrap
- AMERICAN EXPERIENCE: George H. W. Bush, Part Two
- NOVA: Secrets of the Samurai Sword
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Silk Stocking
- NATURE: Superfish
- NOVA: Sinking the Supership
- ANTIQUES ROADSHOW: Louisville (Hour Two)
- FRONTLINE: Growing Up Online
- MASTERPIECE: A Room With a View
- NATURE: What Females Want and Males Will Do (Part 2)
- Newman's Own Foundation
Connecticut Public Broadcasting Network Receives
$250,000 Grant From Newman's Own Foundation
Funding Will Support On-Air Membership Challenges and Programming on CPTV and WNPRHARTFORD, Conn. (January 29, 2013) – The Connecticut Public Broadcasting Network (CPBN), parent company of Connecticut Public Television (CPTV) and Connecticut Public Radio (WNPR), has been awarded a $250,000 grant over two years from Newman’s Own Foundation, the independent foundation created by the late actor and philanthropist Paul Newman.
- GREAT PERFORMANCES: Paul Simon’s Graceland Journey
- MASTERPIECE: CONTEMPORARY "Page Eight"
- The Power of Giving
- video player test
- Big Y Kids' Corner on CPTV Kids
- Call The Midwife
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures
- Hole in the Wall Gang Camp 25th Anniversary
- queensboro test