- Anger over the "bailout"
Anyone listening to tonight's repeat of our show with Bill Curry might feel a little behind. Only hours after we got off the air, the House voted down the big economic bailout plan we spent all morning talking about. Everyone in the Connecticut delegation voted for the package - save for 2nd District Congressman Joe Courtney, who turned it down. Maybe he was getting letters from his constituents like this comment we got from listener Paul Nizick after the show:
"Please, stop saying that the people "do not understand" this bailout.
- Debut of "Where We Blog"
- Manpower Report Paints Grim Hiring Picture for Parts of Connecticut
- State Utilities Suspend Energy Efficiency Rebates
- Connecticut Primaries 2008
- Invasive Beetle Found in Massachusetts
- Union Protests Separation of New Casino
- Cedar Hill Shadows Come to Life
- A Tearless Farewell
- ANTIQUES ROADSHOW Politically Collect
- FRONTLINE: The Choice 2008
- GREAT PERFORMANCES: Martina McBride (preview)
- My Morning Jacket
- A spiritual approach to Life; Adventurer Helen Thayer
- Politics, Burgers & Beer: Special edition
- The Food Schmooze: A wine event and the Complete Book of Pies
- Connecticut's Top High Schools, actor Brian Dennehy, and playwright Tony Kushner
- AMERICAN EXPERIENCE: Presidents: LBJ (Part 2)
- ANTIQUES ROADSHOW: Jackpot!
- Latino Americans
This series tells the story of early settlement, conquest and immigration; of tradition and reinvention; of anguish and celebration;and of the gradual construction of a new American identity from diverse sources that connects and empowers millions of people today. The series covers the 1500s to the present day.
- Honoring Those Who Serve Challenge
- Life In Cold Blood
- What's On!
- Dinner Party Download
- Lewis & Clark: The Journey of the Corps of Discovery
- Science Friday
- META MEDIA
- RAILROAD MAN: The Life and Legend of Jay Gould
- Dirk Gently