- Anger over the "bailout"
Anyone listening to tonight's repeat of our show with Bill Curry might feel a little behind. Only hours after we got off the air, the House voted down the big economic bailout plan we spent all morning talking about. Everyone in the Connecticut delegation voted for the package - save for 2nd District Congressman Joe Courtney, who turned it down. Maybe he was getting letters from his constituents like this comment we got from listener Paul Nizick after the show:
"Please, stop saying that the people "do not understand" this bailout.
- Debut of "Where We Blog"
- Manpower Report Paints Grim Hiring Picture for Parts of Connecticut
- State Utilities Suspend Energy Efficiency Rebates
- Connecticut Primaries 2008
- Invasive Beetle Found in Massachusetts
- Union Protests Separation of New Casino
- Cedar Hill Shadows Come to Life
- A Tearless Farewell
- Mister Rogers & Me
MISTER ROGERS & ME
Soon after Fred Rogers had retired from many years of producing and starring in Mister Rogers' Neighborhood, Rogers had a chance meeting with his next door neighbor on the island of Nantucket - Benjamin Wagner, a young, up-and-coming producer for MTV.
- Giving It All Away
- Comet Encounter
- African Americans in Connecticut: Colonial Era to the Civil War
- African Americans: Many Rivers to Cross
- Held Hostage
- Last Tango in Halifax
- The Paradise
- Father Brown