- Shays, Himes debate…and read aloud with the audience
I must say that last night’s debate between 4th district incumbent Chris Shays and challenger Jim Himes was one of the strangest I’ve seen. On the day that a new poll showed Himes pulling slightly ahead in the race, the two faced off on the stage of the Quick Center at Fairfield University.
- Debate reactions?
- Speaking of angry...
- "Bad Money" indeed, says Kevin Phillips
- Record numbers of voters to head to polls in November
- Shays, Himes take off gloves in first debate
- First District race flies under radar
- Election 2008: Run by the polls
- How cool is this? "Where We Blog" Live!
- Comet Encounter
In this program, scientists around the world follow a once-in-a-lifetime event, the path of the sun-grazing comet ISON. The comet, somewhere between one and 10 kilometers in diameter, is currently just beyond the orbit of Jupiter. As it races past Earth toward the sun, it will likely develop a tail to light up the night skies. Then ISON will slingshot around the back of the sun, to emerge perhaps brighter than ever.
- African Americans in Connecticut: Colonial Era to the Civil War
- African Americans: Many Rivers to Cross
- Held Hostage
- Last Tango in Halifax
- The Paradise
- Father Brown
- Latino Americans
- Honoring Those Who Serve Challenge