- The Heart of Himes' Campaign: Linking Himself to Obama
Christopher Shays, the last remaining Republican Congressman in New England, has lost his seat to political newcomer and former Wall Street banker Jim Himes.<!--StartFragment--
Many of the people voting for Jim Himes didn’t know too much about him. Except that he was a Democrat. Linking himself to Barack Obama was at the heart of Jim Himes’ campaign strategy.
- Election night emotion all around
- 90 percent turnout! Really?
- Foxwoods and UAW Agree to Talks
- Political Futures Markets
- "Swingin'" in Suffield
- Blogging about "Blogging Around the World"
- Getting the Skinny on Health Care with Julie Rovner
- The economic crisis hits home
- Political analyst Bill Curry on trial
- Travelling with a priceless Stradivarius violin; Addiction-proof your child
- Ethical questions about designer babies; Twinkie Deconstructed, what modern eating has become
- The Food Schmooze: One-dish vegetarian meals, plus Lost Desserts
- Pulitzer prize-winning stories
- The Book Show; mystery writer Laurie King
- Sleep difficulties in children; Starting a modern music group and touring the world
- A man in prison for supposedly causing a flood
- The Food Schmooze: Dr. Dean Ornish and a new weight control plan
- The Grown-Up's Guide to Running Away Overseas; Katha Pollitt's memoir Learning to Drive
- AMERICAN MASTERS: You Must Remember This
- Nature's Power Revealed
NATURE'S POWER REVEALED
POWER OF FIRE - 8:30PM
This episode follows the astonishing destructive force of volcanoes and how they have shaped the landscape. It examines volcanoes both recent and in the past, including Mt. Vesuvius in Pompeii, and its effect on life at the time. Nature gives no true warning of when a volcano will erupt, and this makes its power all the more terrifying and devastating. Only about 9.5% of the earth is solid, including the iron core.
- Congratulations to the Winner of CPTV and Langan Volkswagen Group's 2012 VW Beetle Give-Away!
- Helping Yourself
- National Geographic
- Ask This Old House
- Hetty Wainthropp
- Slavery By Another Name
- Lonesome George and the Battle for Galapagos
- Underground Railroad: The William Still Story
- INSIDE NATURE'S GIANTS Program Page