- Forest for the trees
Today's show about forests in the state prompted lots of great phone calls, and interesting conversation with our forest experts. It wasn't until after the show - talking with the guests - that I realized I live where I live because of a state forest. People's State Forest in Barkhamsted is a remarkable, 3,000 acre park, which includes - in their words, "includes upland evergreen and hardwood forests with wetlands and streams that support diverse wildlife populations and plant communities.
- Things I like: Friday edition
- Talkin' about "Aftermath"
- Same-Sex Connecticut Couples Begin Tying Knot
- Generally Confused about Semantics...
- Memories of Joe
- Memories of dry cleaning, hot irons, etc.
- Lieberman meets with Reid, calls for unity
- A War Correspondent and a Community Organizer
- The Latest Connecticut Poll Numbers
- MASTERPIECE MYSTERY! Poirot
Sundays at 9:00 p.m. ET on CPTV (Check Listings)All aboard for the most famous crime ever to be committed and solved on a train — “Murder on the Orient Express,” headlining a trio of Agatha Christie’s Poirot mysteries starring David Suchet. The long-awaited adaptation is preceded by DAVID SUCHET ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS: A MASTERPIECE SPECIAL , a one-hour special aboard the present-day iconic train. In “Third Girl,” Poirot teams with Ariadne Oliver (Zoë Wanamaker), a crime novelist said to be modeled on Christie herself.
- BREAKFAST SPECIAL
- THE TENTH INNING
- Hartford Circus Fire
- THE ROLLER DERBY CHRONICLES: ROLLING THUNDER
- ANDREW JACKSON: GOOD, EVIL & THE PRESIDENCY
- A CAPITOL FOURTH 2010
- Victor Borge: 100 Years of Music & Laughter
- Mt. Monadnock