- Forest for the trees
Today's show about forests in the state prompted lots of great phone calls, and interesting conversation with our forest experts. It wasn't until after the show - talking with the guests - that I realized I live where I live because of a state forest. People's State Forest in Barkhamsted is a remarkable, 3,000 acre park, which includes - in their words, "includes upland evergreen and hardwood forests with wetlands and streams that support diverse wildlife populations and plant communities.
- Things I like: Friday edition
- Talkin' about "Aftermath"
- Same-Sex Connecticut Couples Begin Tying Knot
- Generally Confused about Semantics...
- Memories of Joe
- Memories of dry cleaning, hot irons, etc.
- Lieberman meets with Reid, calls for unity
- A War Correspondent and a Community Organizer
- The Latest Connecticut Poll Numbers
- ANTIQUES ROADSHOW: Las Vegas (Hour 2)
- FRONTLINE: Storm Over Everest
- NOVA: A Walk to Beautiful
- ANTIQUES ROADSHOW: Las Vegas (Hour 1)
- AMERICAN EXPERIENCE: FDR-The Center of The World / Fear Itself
- End of Session 2008 Wrap
- AMERICAN EXPERIENCE: George H. W. Bush, Part Two
- NOVA: Secrets of the Samurai Sword
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Silk Stocking
- NATURE: Superfish
- Nature's Power Revealed
NATURE'S POWER REVEALED
POWER OF FIRE - 8:30PM
This episode follows the astonishing destructive force of volcanoes and how they have shaped the landscape. It examines volcanoes both recent and in the past, including Mt. Vesuvius in Pompeii, and its effect on life at the time. Nature gives no true warning of when a volcano will erupt, and this makes its power all the more terrifying and devastating. Only about 9.5% of the earth is solid, including the iron core.
- Congratulations to the Winner of CPTV and Langan Volkswagen Group's 2012 VW Beetle Give-Away!
- Helping Yourself
- National Geographic
- Ask This Old House
- Hetty Wainthropp
- Slavery By Another Name
- Lonesome George and the Battle for Galapagos
- Underground Railroad: The William Still Story
- INSIDE NATURE'S GIANTS Program Page