- Downtown Living
The remaking of Downtown Hartford is a decade-old project that needs new residents to succeed. Its highest-profile building is Hartford 21, an apartment tower that boasts luxury as a selling point. But just blocks away is the Hollander, a rent-controlled apartment building in an old bank just across the street from Bushnell Park. WNPR’s Jeff Cohen has this report.
While downtown's residential resurgence has been bet in large part on wealthy empty nesters and folks who can afford high-end rents, the Hollander is a little different.
- New Effort To Curb Distracted Driving
- Huskies Celebrate Title
- After Court Hearing, Perez Jury Selection Begins Next Week
- Activists Rally Against City Violence
- Perez Continues His Work As Trial Looms
- State Budget Talks Continue
- "Ban The Box" Doesn't Move Forward
- Legislature Debates Sex Offender Restrictions
- It's Like Butter
- Jews and Baseball
JEWS AND BASEBALL
JEWS AND BASEBALL: AN AMERICAN LOVE STORY, narrated by Dustin Hoffman, explores the connection between Jewish Americans and baseball, our nation's most iconic institution. More than a film about sports, it is a story of immigration, assimilation, bigotry, heroism, the passing on of traditions, and the shattering of stereotypes. Interviews include fans, writers, executives, and players - including Al Rosen, Kevin Youkilis, Shawn Green, Bob Feller, Yogi Berra, and Sandy Koufax.
- Fenway at 100
- CELTIC THUNDER Program Page
- Nature's Power Revealed
- Congratulations to the Winner of CPTV and Langan Volkswagen Group's 2012 VW Beetle Give-Away!
- Helping Yourself
- National Geographic
- Ask This Old House
- Hetty Wainthropp
- Slavery By Another Name