- Downtown Living
The remaking of Downtown Hartford is a decade-old project that needs new residents to succeed. Its highest-profile building is Hartford 21, an apartment tower that boasts luxury as a selling point. But just blocks away is the Hollander, a rent-controlled apartment building in an old bank just across the street from Bushnell Park. WNPR’s Jeff Cohen has this report.
While downtown's residential resurgence has been bet in large part on wealthy empty nesters and folks who can afford high-end rents, the Hollander is a little different.
- New Effort To Curb Distracted Driving
- Huskies Celebrate Title
- After Court Hearing, Perez Jury Selection Begins Next Week
- Activists Rally Against City Violence
- Perez Continues His Work As Trial Looms
- State Budget Talks Continue
- "Ban The Box" Doesn't Move Forward
- Legislature Debates Sex Offender Restrictions
- It's Like Butter
- Mark Twain
Episode 1: In the first episode, Burns takes viewers on a journey through Sam Clemens' early days along the Mississippi River, to the small river town of Hannibal, Missouri. Clemens grows up, stumbling from adventure to adventure until he begins to evolve into Mark Twain, the humorist and writer who would revolutionize the way Americans viewed themselves and their language.
- Time Scanners
- King George and Queen Mary
- 2014 National Memorial Day Concert
- Coming Back With Wes Moore
- The Charles W. Morgan
- Billy Joel: A Matter of Trust - The Bridge to Russia - The Concert
- Story of the Jews
- Super Skyscrapers