- Time to Wrap
Recently, Paul asked me an interesting question, one that I believe I may have come across the answer over my time at Cannes. He asked, “Can a successful film be made without passion?” My response is not as simple as yes or no.
A lot of people in this industry are in it only for the money, and they will do whatever it takes to ensure the next big paycheck comes. As much as I’d like to believe that the director of a film wouldn’t sacrifice the artistic and creative elements of their work, they still report to the studio, which expects it to earn money.
- Moose are on the Loose
- Weicker Says State Leaders Need "Steel Up The Spine"
- CPBN Media Lab enters Pepsi ReFresh Competition
- House Passes Regionalism Bills
- Man Pleads Guilty In 2008 West Indian Day Shootings
- Spring Ahead
- LaHood Sounds Optimistic On Rail Funding
- "Ban The Box" Gets New Life
- Perez Presents Hartford's Budget
- NOVA: Sinking the Supership
- FRONTLINE: Growing Up Online
- MASTERPIECE: A Room With a View
- NATURE: What Females Want and Males Will Do (Part 2)
- Windy City
- NOVA: Cracking the Maya Code
- ANTIQUES ROADSHOW: Spokane, WA (Hour Two)
- MASTERPIECE: Sense and Sensibility (Part 2 of 2)
- NATURE: What Females Want and Males Will Do (Part 1)
- AMERICAN EXPERIENCE: George H. W. Bush, Part One
Girl-Powered Science Series Inspires the Next Generation of Scientists and Engineers with Real-World Exploration!
Fridays at 3:30 p.m. on CPTV (Part of CPTV Science Friday) (Check Listings)
The goal of SciGirls is unapologetically bold: to change how millions of girls think about science, technology, engineering and math. (That spells “S.T.E.M.,” the hottest topic in U.S. education today.) The program’s half-hour episodes and its destination website at pbskidsgo.org/scigirls showcase bright, curious real girls putting S.T.E.M. to work to make the world a better place.
- TONY BENNETT An American Classic
- The Marines
- SECRETS OF THE DEAD Japanese SuperSub
- Mark Twain, a film by Ken Burns
- When Families Grieve
- The Buddha
- TAVIS SMILEY REPORTS MLK: A Call to Conscience
- MASTERPIECE CLASSIC Small Island
- MASTERPIECE CLASSIC The Diary of Anne Frank