The Connecticut Public Broadcasting Network’s new state-of-the-art Learning Lab is an innovative educational facility where students and teachers leverage technology to inspire creativity, learn digital media skills, produce new content, and develop college and career-readiness skills.
Located at CPBN’s corporate headquarters in Hartford, the Learning Lab is designed as:
• An innovative teaching facility.
• A collaborative learning and training center for youth and adult learners.
• A welcoming space to foster community conversations.
• An additional resource to develop CPBN media projects.
The Learning Lab’s 20,000 square-feet of classroom, studio, and computer space serves as a satellite campus for high school seniors through a partnership with Hartford Public Schools and the Journalism and Media Academy Magnet School.
In addition to CPBN’s partnership with Hartford Public Schools, the Learning Lab is home to the Veterans Training Program, a free opportunity for post-9/11 veterans, their spouses, and caregivers. The Veterans Training Program prepares the men and women of our armed forces and their families an opportunity to learn skills necessary for the 21st century digital media workplace.
The Learning Lab gives students of all ages the opportunity to:
• Learn digital video production and editing.
• Learn digital publishing and print design.
• Learn from award-winning broadcast and media professionals.
• Learn to use industry-standard software and equipment.
• Develop a portfolio of personal work.
• Gain experience working with media professionals.
• Gain industry-specific certifications.
To learn more about our programs,
or to find out how you can support the Learning Lab, contact:
Vice President of Education