Shomial Ahmad is a National Public Radio Kroc Fellow. She'll be spending several months at WNPR as part of her fellowship. She's already spent time working on NPR's website and the NPR show, Weekend Edition Saturday.
Shomial graduated from New York University's graduate journalism program. Her articles have appeared in the New York Times, Newsday, npr.org, and her hometown's alternative weekly, the Fort Worth Weekly. She received the Houston Press Club's Lone Star award for her Fort Worth Weekly cover story, "Awakening Islam."
- University of Connecticut Studies the Safety of U.S. Roadways
- Mortgage Crisis Impacting Student Loan Industry
- Pratt and Whitney Workers Protest Outsourcing of Jobs
- UConn Health Center Asks State for Financial Aid
- Legislators Want Advantages for State Companies
- Connecticut Colleges Recommit to Curb Substance Abuse
- Faith-based Groups in Hartford Protest the Iraq War
- Antiwar Activists Mark Fifth Anniversary of Iraq War
- Anti-War Groups Plan to Rally on 5th Anniversary of Iraq War
- Bill Proposes Expansion of State Health Coverage