Shomial Ahmad is a National Public Radio Kroc Fellow. She'll be spending several months at WNPR as part of her fellowship. She's already spent time working on NPR's website and the NPR show, Weekend Edition Saturday.
Shomial graduated from New York University's graduate journalism program. Her articles have appeared in the New York Times, Newsday, npr.org, and her hometown's alternative weekly, the Fort Worth Weekly. She received the Houston Press Club's Lone Star award for her Fort Worth Weekly cover story, "Awakening Islam."
- Budget Numbers Create Confusion for Lawmakers
- Dentists Want to Expand Access to Care
- Students Join Bush Protesters in Hartford
- Hartford Looks to Increase Graduation Requirements
- Bysiewicz Launches Investigation into Dead Voters
- CBIA and State Team Up to Provide Math and Science Classes
- Dental Clinic Plans Free Care for Hundreds
- Income Gap in State Grows by 60%
- Franklin Residents Prepare to Fight Landfill Placement
- Premature Death Tied to Lack of Health Care Insurance