Harriet Jones has run WNPR's Business Desk since 2001. She's covered such diverse issues as the threat to close Connecticut's submarine base, the sub prime mortgage crisis and the impact of casinos on the state.
Harriet joined WNPR in October 2000 as Morning Edition producer and reporter. Born in Scotland, she worked for the BBC for much of her early career.
She was news director at Scotland's largest commercial radio station, ScotFM, and was lucky enough to cover that country's two biggest political events in 300 years - the referendum which delivered a new parliament, and the subsequent elections.
She has also taught broadcasting for the BBC at some of their international schools in Eastern Europe, delivering courses to journalists in Romania, Albania and Bosnia.
Jones lives in Stonington, Connecticut, with her husband, Bob Statchen, and their three children.
- GE Execs Pledge to Trim $1 Billion
- Storm Forming Over Insurance Regulation
- A New Survey Finds Venture Capitalist Investment Down
- Stolen Laptop Contained CSU Student Information
- Hollywood East Backer Says They Have Money For Project
- Production Company Hopes to Bring Stratford Factory Back to Life
- GenRe CEO Joseph Brandon Steps Down
- Countdown to April 15th
- GE Misses Forecasts, Stuns Wall Street
- State Mortgage Assistance Program Wouldn't See Federal Funds