Harriet Jones has run WNPR's Business Desk since 2001. She's covered such diverse issues as the threat to close Connecticut's submarine base, the sub prime mortgage crisis and the impact of casinos on the state.
Harriet joined WNPR in October 2000 as Morning Edition producer and reporter. Born in Scotland, she worked for the BBC for much of her early career.
She was news director at Scotland's largest commercial radio station, ScotFM, and was lucky enough to cover that country's two biggest political events in 300 years - the referendum which delivered a new parliament, and the subsequent elections.
She has also taught broadcasting for the BBC at some of their international schools in Eastern Europe, delivering courses to journalists in Romania, Albania and Bosnia.
Jones lives in Stonington, Connecticut, with her husband, Bob Statchen, and their three children.
- UBS to Cut 5000 Jobs
- House Passes Mortgage Relief Measure
- Where Will the Rebate Money Go?
- Casino Engineers Vote Down Union
- EB Opens Refitted Repair Docks
- Attorney General Says Fed Hindering Mortgage Assistance
- Slight Upturn in State Housing Permits
- UAW Plans Protests for Foxwoods Expansion
- Aetna and Travellers Report First Quarter Losses
- Sober Houses Feel Pressure From Insurers