Harriet Jones has run WNPR's Business Desk since 2001. She's covered such diverse issues as the threat to close Connecticut's submarine base, the sub prime mortgage crisis and the impact of casinos on the state.
Harriet joined WNPR in October 2000 as Morning Edition producer and reporter. Born in Scotland, she worked for the BBC for much of her early career.
She was news director at Scotland's largest commercial radio station, ScotFM, and was lucky enough to cover that country's two biggest political events in 300 years - the referendum which delivered a new parliament, and the subsequent elections.
She has also taught broadcasting for the BBC at some of their international schools in Eastern Europe, delivering courses to journalists in Romania, Albania and Bosnia.
Jones lives in Stonington, Connecticut, with her husband, Bob Statchen, and their three children.
- WWL: Aetna on Health Care Reform
- CT Student Loan Foundation Stops Lending
- Obama Unveils Overhaul of Financial Regulation
- Conn Company Manufacturing Swine Flu Vaccine
- Hartford Takes Government TARP Funds
- USPS Considers Post Office Closures
- Insurers, Insured Prepare For Hurricane Season
- Chief of The Hartford To Retire
- Conn Bank Expands Amid Recession
- Tourism Campaign Unveiled