Harriet Jones has run WNPR's Business Desk since 2001. She's covered such diverse issues as the threat to close Connecticut's submarine base, the sub prime mortgage crisis and the impact of casinos on the state.
Harriet joined WNPR in October 2000 as Morning Edition producer and reporter. Born in Scotland, she worked for the BBC for much of her early career.
She was news director at Scotland's largest commercial radio station, ScotFM, and was lucky enough to cover that country's two biggest political events in 300 years - the referendum which delivered a new parliament, and the subsequent elections.
She has also taught broadcasting for the BBC at some of their international schools in Eastern Europe, delivering courses to journalists in Romania, Albania and Bosnia.
Jones lives in Stonington, Connecticut, with her husband, Bob Statchen, and their three children.
- Forecast Calls For Double Digit Healthcare Cost Increase
- New London Fosters Biotech Innovation
- Northeast Leads Home Sales Recovery
- CT Unemployment Rate Dips
- Conn Swine Flu Vaccine Company Set for Human Trials
- Forecast Calls For Jobless Recovery
- Anthem Critics Pledge Regulatory Overhaul
- Bonding May Be Hit By Budget Crisis
- Anthem Rate Hike Slashed
- Casino Results Improve - A Little