Harriet Jones has run WNPR's Business Desk since 2001. She's covered such diverse issues as the threat to close Connecticut's submarine base, the sub prime mortgage crisis and the impact of casinos on the state.
Harriet joined WNPR in October 2000 as Morning Edition producer and reporter. Born in Scotland, she worked for the BBC for much of her early career.
She was news director at Scotland's largest commercial radio station, ScotFM, and was lucky enough to cover that country's two biggest political events in 300 years - the referendum which delivered a new parliament, and the subsequent elections.
She has also taught broadcasting for the BBC at some of their international schools in Eastern Europe, delivering courses to journalists in Romania, Albania and Bosnia.
Jones lives in Stonington, Connecticut, with her husband, Bob Statchen, and their three children.
- New England Black Friday Sales Lag Behind National Average
- Northland Defaults on Hartford's Metro Center
- New Bill Streamlines Voting for Overseas Military
- CT Insurance Dept. Won't Hear UnitedHealth Testimony
- High Unemployment Rate Means Extended Benefits
- Aetna Announces More CT Job Losses
- The Hartford to Appeal Decision in Unfair Practices Suit
- Mashantuckets Will Miss Debt Deadline
- UTC to buy GE Fire And Security Unit
- Tax Revenue Key for Pfizer Replacement