Harriet Jones has run WNPR's Business Desk since 2001. She's covered such diverse issues as the threat to close Connecticut's submarine base, the sub prime mortgage crisis and the impact of casinos on the state.
Harriet joined WNPR in October 2000 as Morning Edition producer and reporter. Born in Scotland, she worked for the BBC for much of her early career.
She was news director at Scotland's largest commercial radio station, ScotFM, and was lucky enough to cover that country's two biggest political events in 300 years - the referendum which delivered a new parliament, and the subsequent elections.
She has also taught broadcasting for the BBC at some of their international schools in Eastern Europe, delivering courses to journalists in Romania, Albania and Bosnia.
Jones lives in Stonington, Connecticut, with her husband, Bob Statchen, and their three children.
- Blumenthal to Fight CL&P Rate Hike
- Venture Capitalists Optimistic About 2010
- Good News For Priceline's Bottom Line
- Conn Company Goes Into Production on Swine Flu Vaccine
- Benefits Begin To Run Out
- Corporate Leaders Optimistic for 2010
- CT Unemployment Fund Runs Dry
- Gartner Acquires AMR Research
- Blumenthal Brings Lawsuit Against CVS
- New England Black Friday Sales Lag Behind National Average