Harriet Jones has run WNPR's Business Desk since 2001. She's covered such diverse issues as the threat to close Connecticut's submarine base, the sub prime mortgage crisis and the impact of casinos on the state.
Harriet joined WNPR in October 2000 as Morning Edition producer and reporter. Born in Scotland, she worked for the BBC for much of her early career.
She was news director at Scotland's largest commercial radio station, ScotFM, and was lucky enough to cover that country's two biggest political events in 300 years - the referendum which delivered a new parliament, and the subsequent elections.
She has also taught broadcasting for the BBC at some of their international schools in Eastern Europe, delivering courses to journalists in Romania, Albania and Bosnia.
Jones lives in Stonington, Connecticut, with her husband, Bob Statchen, and their three children.
- Insurers Refuse to Pay for Medical Mistakes
- Financial Regulation Reform Bill Amendments Under Debate
- Anthem Rate Hikes Questioned by CT Healthcare Advocate
- CT Home Sales Rise in March
- After Acquiring Wyeth, Pfizer Reports Q1 Profits
- Tech Companies Celebrate Economic Development Bill
- Blumenthal Blasts United Health CEO Bonus
- Aetna Reports Q1 Profits
- CBIA Survey Indicates Future Job Growth
- Stanley Black & Decker Report Q1 Loss