Catie Talarski is senior producer of Where We Live, the morning news program on WNPR, Connecticut Public Radio.
She got her start in documentary radio at the Salt Institute in
Catie’s also documented end-of-life decisions made by young people with Cystic Fibrosis for NPR’s Hearing Voices, dug into archival tape of artist Romare Bearden for Studio 360, and covered the fast-paced worlds of lawnmower racing and collegiate squash for NPR and PRI’s The World. She worked with the Public Radio Exchange to produce the hour-long youth special BULLIED: Teen Stories from Generation PRX. Her foray into magazine writing includes an article about her Polish heritage published in SilverKris, the in-flight magazine of Singapore Airlines.
Catie was inspired by
- WWL: NASA, We Have a Problem
- WWL: Educating the Young Child
- WWL: Elizabeth Warren on Financial Reform
- WWL: Irvin Muchnick
- WWL: Celebrating our Sense of Place
- WWL: Parents Powering Education
- WWL: DEP Commissioner Amey Marrella
- WWL: Sexuality and Religion
- WWL: Health Care Bill Becomes Law
- WWL: Ambassador Mark Hambley