CTSN Offers Basketball, Ice Hockey Championship Games on DVD
HARTFORD, Conn. – High school sports are tough to follow. With so many dedicated, exciting teams throughout Connecticut, it’s difficult for viewers to catch all their favorites. Fortunately, Connecticut Sports Network (CTSN) is making some of the year’s most thrilling championship games available on DVD. Basketball and ice hockey games from the Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference (CIAC) will be available across a wide range of divisions.
For viewers who missed their Alma Mater’s big game, or parents who had to be out of town on game day, this is an opportunity to capture the thrills for posterity. Each DVD costs $29.99 plus tax and shipping. DVDs can be ordered through the CTSN Web site at www.CTSN.tv. Specific games that will be available include:
• 2009 CIAC Class LL Girls State High School Basketball Championship: Career Magnet vs. Norwich Free Academy
• 2009 CIAC Class L Girls State High School Basketball Championship: Hillhouse vs. Fairfield Warde
• 2009 CIAC Division I State High School Ice Hockey Championship: Glastonbury vs. Hamden
• 2009 CIAC Class S Girls State High School Basketball Championship: Coventry vs. Old Lyme
• 2009 CIAC Class M Boys State High School Basketball Championship: Bloomfield vs. Sacred Heart
• 2009 CIAC Division III State High School Ice Hockey Championship: Staples-Weston vs. St. Joseph
• 2009 CIAC Class L Boys State High School Basketball Championship: Bulkeley vs. Torrington
• 2009 CIAC Class S Boys State High School Basketball Championship: Hyde Leadership vs. Cromwell
• 2009 CIAC Class M Girls State High School Basketball Championship: Berlin vs. Bacon Academy
• 2009 CIAC Class LL Boys State High School Basketball Championship: Crosby vs. Windsor
• 2009 CIAC Division II State High School Ice Hockey Championship: Enfield vs. Cheshire
About CTSN - Connecticut Sports Network (CTSN) is Connecticut’s first-ever 24-hour local sports network, combining its cable and online resources to cover statewide high school and college sports. CTSN is a combined effort of WFSB and CPTV, and it is brought to viewers by the Comcast Corporation.
About WFSB - WFSB-TV is owned and operated by Meredith Broadcasting. Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP; www.meredith.com) is one of the nation’s leading media and marketing companies with businesses centering on magazine and book publishing, television broadcasting, integrated marketing and interactive media. Meredith owns or operates 12 television stations that reach nearly 10 percent of television households across the country and one radio station.
About CPTV - CPTV is a media service of the Connecticut Public Broadcasting Network (CPBN). It is a locally and nationally recognized producer and presenter of quality public television programming, including UConn Women’s Basketball, original documentaries, and educational programming. CPTV has built a reputation as a leader in children’s programming, including playing an historic role in bringing Barney & Friends™, Bob the Builder™, and Thomas & Friends™ to public television. The station offers 11 hours of positive, nurturing children’s programs each weekday, reaching 50,000 to 70,000 households daily. For more information, visit www.CPTV.org.
About Comcast - Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) (www.comcast.com) is the nation's leading provider of entertainment, information and communication products and services. With 24.4 million cable customers, 14.7 million high-speed Internet customers, and 6.1 million Comcast Digital Voice customers, Comcast is principally involved in the development, management and operation of broadband cable systems and in the delivery of programming content. In Connecticut, Comcast serves more than 500,000 customers in 83 communities and employs more than 1,000 employees.