Culture Connect Featured Event
UConn Garden Conference March 16, 2012, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. in Storrs, CT. Website www.2012garden.uconn.edu
This conference offers exciting educational opportunities for home gardeners at all interest levels - from the casual gardener to the garden enthusiast to the Advanced Master Gardener. It also gives you an opportunity to hear and talk to nationally renowned authorities on various aspects of garden design, maintenance, and plant selection.
The 2012 UConn Garden Conference features an exciting lineup of top national speakers and local experts, including:
• Award winning author of Bringing Nature Home Doug Tallamy, speaking on Why We Should Use Native Plants
• Kerry Ann Mendez, owner of Perennially Yours, speaking on Embracing Change as an Opportunity for More Beautiful Gardens
• TV and Radio Host Charlie Nardozzi, talking about Growing an Edible Landscape in Your Yard
• Ball Horticulture's plant expert Mitch Rand, reviewing the Old and New Annuals for 2012
• Garden Writer Jo Ann Gardner, speaking on Herbs, the New Ornamentals
This all-day conference offers valuable educational opportunities for gardeners of all levels from the casual to the Advanced Master Gardener.
EARLY REGISTRATION ENDS ON FRIDAY, MARCH 9TH!
Program and registration information, including online registration is now available at www.2012garden.uconn.edu
Contact Richard McAvoy, 860-486-0627; email firstname.lastname@example.org