Culture Connect Featured Event
The Connecticut Parrot Society, Inc. (CPS) will hold its sixth annual Featherfest on Saturday, March 23, 2013 at the Elks Club, 44 Maynard Street, Middletown, CT. The event is open to the public from 10 am to 5 pm. Admission is free for CPS members and only $5 per person for nonmembers (free for children under 12).
Featherfest is a great opportunity to for bird lovers to see live birds up close and personal as well as learn valuable information about birds. It is also a wonderful chance for bird owners to purchase some great stuff for their feathered friends! Speakers include a live raptor program with Mary-Beth Kaeser from Horizon Wings, a CT Raptor Rehab, and world-renown author and lecturer on parrots, Rick Jordan.
Highlights of the event include:
· Free pet health care information at the “Ask the Vets” table; avian veterinarians will be available to answer your questions.
· A certified bird behaviorist and an animal communicator/psychic will be available for consultations (nominal fee applies).
· Many vendors will have an array of bird-related items, including toys, playgrounds, food, and more!
· There will be a large teacup auction featuring a Kindle and a travel cage among other great items!
· We will have door prizes and much more!