Availability: One position each for Fall, Winter/Spring and Summer Semesters
Hours: A minimum of 16 hrs/week
Internship Summary: Assist with various programming projects and documentaries, in all aspects of program production from storyline to on-air presentation.
- Assist in writing scripts.
- Research story ideas.
- Preparing producers for editing sessions, gathering videotapes and voice tracks.
- Logging videotapes.
- Phone work; calling to set up studio audiences for town meetings.
- Requesting permissions from publishers and film companies.
- Scheduling crews when coordinating producer needs assistant.
- Assist in preparation for edits.
- Other duties as assigned to help facilitate all aspects of production process.
- Strong writing skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good follow through.
- Ability to work with deadlines.
- Self-starter, able to work independently.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Professional demeanor required.