Availability: One position extending over Fall and Spring semesters or one position for the Fall semester and one position for the Spring semester.
Hours: 10-20 hours per week
Internship Summary: Play a key role in the development, implementation and follow-up of key outreach opportunities designed to promote interaction on multiple levels between CPBN’s audience, staff and Community Advisory Board.
- To implement and manage program screening events designed to promote, key, pop-out and local programming for CPBN
- To assist the Program Director in supporting Community Advisory Board outreach projects such as community cinema events, focus groups, surveys and any project designed to elicit feedback from CPBNs audience regarding our programming, education and outreach services
- Provide administrative support for Community Advisory Board as needed
- Assist Corporate Communications with the management, implementation or staffing of any public events promoting CPTV, WNPR or any of our media platforms
- Develop and manage short term educational outreach campaigns designed to reach children pre-school to 3rd grade, such as writing contests, storytelling events, book collection and distribution
- Assist in the development of appropriate outreach partnerships and assume the responsibility of partner liaison as needed
- Excellent communication, social and organization skills
- Attention to detail
- Flexible hours that may include nights and/or weekends
- Students pursuing a degree in the areas of communication, marketing & promotion, or education a plus