Availability: Fall, Winter/Spring and Summer Semesters
Hours: 8 - 20 hrs/week
Internship Summary: Assist with corporate communications, public relations and marketing duties for a variety of internal and external media projects.
- Collect news clips and assist in media monitoring.
- Update and maintain media mailing lists, databases and contact information.
- Assist in the creation of press materials for local and national media.
- Assist in the copywriting and editing of corporate communications materials including publications, advertisements and web pages.
- Provide administrative assistance as needed (faxing, filing, copying, collating, mailing).
Candidates must have an interest in broadcasting or communications. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and have academic experience in public relations, marketing, journalism or advertising. Additional qualifications include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional proofreading abilities.
- Good organizational skills.
- Interest in a challenging work enviornment.
- The ability to meet deadlines and multi-task.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to interact well with the public on the phone and in person.